An incredibly easy sheet pan chicken recipe, low carb, and Keto approved!
Best Oven Baked Chicken With Asparagus
PREP TIME: 5 MIN
COOK TIME: 25 MIN
- 8 chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 stick (114g) butter, diced
- 2 – 3 bunches asparagus (35-40 spears), rinsed and trimmed
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 lemon, sliced to garnish
- The seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (or thyme, or other herbs of choice)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or chicken bouillon)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
1. Arrange the oven shelf to the middle of your oven. Preheat your oven to 425ºF (220ºC). Mix the ingredients for the seasoning in a small bowl or shallow plate.
2. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or baking paper; lightly oil with olive oil or cooking spray. Arrange chicken upside-down on one side of the baking sheet. Sprinkle with the seasoning on both sides, covering as much of the surface as you can.
3. Arrange the asparagus on the other side of the baking sheet and drizzle with lemon juice.
4. Place diced butter over chicken and asparagus. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until chicken is golden, with an internal temperature of 165ºF (75ºC) using a meat thermometer.
5. Remove from oven and garnish with lemon slices and fresh chopped parsley, if desired. Serve the oven-baked chicken immediately. Enjoy!
You can also use chicken breasts for this recipe. If your breasts are quite large eg 8oz (250g) each, cut them in half horizontally to form 2 thin fillets. Season and use following the remaining of the recipe.
If you like your asparagus crunchier, bake the chicken for 10 minutes, then add asparagus to the baking sheet and finish cooking until chicken is done.