An easy chicken dinner baked in the oven with a sticky homemade teriyaki sauce.
- SERVINGS : 4 – 6
- PREP TIME: 10 MIN
- COOK TIME: 40 MIN
- 4 or 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch + 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 cup water
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease a 9 by 13-inch baking dish with oil or butter. Set aside.
2. Whisk together cornstarch and 1/4 cup water in a small bowl and set aside. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, honey and 1 cup water. Bring to a simmer then stir in the cornstarch mixture until thickened, about 2 minutes; allow to cool to room temperature.
3. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper on all sides. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken thighs, skin-side down, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side; drain excess fat.
4. Place chicken thighs in the prepared baking dish. Brush half of the teryaki sauce evenly over the chicken. Transfer dish in oven and bake for 20 minutes. Rub the remaining sauce over the chicken and bake another 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165°F – 75°C).
5. Remove from oven and serve immediately over rice, garnished with green onion. Enjoy!
Think your friends would be interested? Share this recipe!