This creamy Tuscan chicken cooked in the slow cooker is packed with flavors and so easy to prep!
SERVINGS: 4 – 6
PREP TIME: 10 MIN
COOK TIME: 180 MIN
- 6 – 8 skinless, bone-in chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup Sun-dried tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 cup Spinach (chopped, packed)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper flakes, optional
- 1/3 cup (80ml) chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper
1. To prepare your crockpot recipe: heat oil or butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for about a minute, until fragrant.
2. Add the cream and chicken broth. Bring to a gentle simmer, then set heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes. The sauce should thicken enough to coat the back of a spoon.
3. Meanwhile, place the chicken thighs at the bottom of your CrockPot. Season chicken thighs lightly with Italian seasoning, crushed red chili pepper flakes, sea salt, and black pepper. Top chicken thighs with sun-dried tomatoes.
4. When the cream sauce is ready, lower the heat and whisk in the Parmesan cheese, little by little until smooth. Adjust seasoning for the cream sauce if needed.
5. Pour the cream sauce evenly over the chicken thighs in the CrockPot. Try to get as much sauce as possible on top of the chicken thighs and less on the bottom.
6. Cook your crockpot Tuscan Garlic Chicken for 3-4 hours on HIGH or 6-8 hours on LOW. When cooking time is over, remove gently the chicken from the crockpot and set aside.
7. Turn the crockpot on HIGH, if it isn’t already. Add the chopped spinach in the crockpot and stir for a few minutes, until the spinach wilts.
8. Return the chicken to the slow cooker, and spoon the liquid, spinach and sun-dried tomatoes on top, or just pour them over the Tuscan chicken when serving. Serve your CrockPot Tuscan Chicken over zucchini noodles or cauliflower rice, or rice, couscous, or pasta for non-Keto. This crockpot recipe is Keto and low-carb diet-friendly. Enjoy!
Cooking garlic, cream, broth, and parmesan in the pan ensure the cream is well infused with garlic and stays smooth. If you don’t want to prepare the cream sauce on the side, you can put everything into the CrockPot with chicken and give it a quick stir before cooking.
Think your friends would be interested? Share this recipe!