So addicting! This paleo, low carb, keto-friendly skillet chicken recipe is a snap to fix and cook.
- SERVINGS : 2 – 3
- PREP TIME: 10 MIN
- COOK TIME: 20 MIN
- 1/2 cup (125ml) chicken stock
- 3 – 6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided or (ghee for paleo diet)
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 pound (450g) green beans, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Juice of 1/2 lemon + lemon slices, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (we used Sriracha)
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Crushed red chili pepper flakes, optional
1. In a small bowl, combine onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Season chicken thighs generously with the spice mixture. Set aside while you prepare green beans.
2. Arrange green beans in a microwave-safe dish with 1/2 cup (125ml) water. Cook in the microwave for 8-10 minutes, until almost done but still crisp.
3. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Lay the seasoned chicken thighs in one layer in the skillet. Cook for 5-6 minutes then flip and cook another 5-6 minutes, until cooked through and a cooking thermometer displays 165°F (75°C). If chicken browns too quickly, lower the heat. Adjust timing depending on the thickness. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
4. In the same skillet, lower the heat and melt the remaining tablespoon butter. Add chopped parsley, garlic, hot sauce, red crushed chili pepper flakes, and pre-cooked green beans and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring regularly, until cooked to your liking. Add lemon juice and chicken stock and reduce the sauce for a couple of minutes, until slightly thickened.
5. Add cooked chicken thighs back to the pan and reheat quickly. Adjust seasoning with pepper and serve the lemon garlic butter chicken thighs immediately, garnished with more crushed chili pepper, fresh parsley, and a slice of lemon if you like. Enjoy!
Think your friends would be interested? Share this recipe!