• 3 cups of flour
• 2 tablespoons of butter
• 7 grams of baker’s yeast
• 5 tablespoons of sugar
• 1 cup of milk
• 1 egg
• ½ teaspoon of salt
• Oil for frying
• ½ tablespoon cinnamon powder
1. Put the yeast in a bowl, pour some lukewarm water to dilute it, add the flour and mix well. Make the dough, ideally with a robot or a bread machine, if not by hand … courage!
2. Add the milk, then 2 tablespoons sugar, the egg. Then add the salt. Work the dough 3 minutes, it must be smooth. Then add the soft butter, the dough becomes shiny
3. Shape a ball, cover with cling film, and let rise an hour
4. The dough will double in volume, make pieces of dough of identical size, shape balls, give the shape you want (here braid)!
5. Put on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and let rise for 30 minutes minimum. The donuts will take volume, they are ready to be fried
6. Fry on each side 3 minutes, drain and roll in a mixture of cinnamon sugar (3 tablespoons and ½ tablespoons cinnamon powder), or cover with frosting.
Think your friends would be interested? Share this recipe!
People interested in the above article are also interested in the related articles listed below: