Fudgy and delicious chocolate muffins made with wholesome ingredients. Gluten, dairy, egg, and refined sugar free too!
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- ¾ cup gluten-free oat flour (I make mine by grinding rolled oats. Use gluten-free if needed)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup gf all-purpose blend or regular all-purpose flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill 1 To 1 Baking Flour
- 1 cup packed shredded zucchini
- 1.5 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil, olive oil, or other oil of choice
- ⅓–1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- ½ cup chocolate chips, plus extra for sprinkling on top, optional (use dairy-free chocolate if needed)
- 1–4 tablespoons almond milk, just enough to moisten the batter and blend everything together
- 1 large (about ½ cup) mashed ripe banana or applesauce
- Recipe type: Gluten-Free, Bread, Dessert
- Serves: 12 muffins
- Prep time:10 mins
- Cook time:20 mins
- Total time:30 mins
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place paper liners into a 12 cup muffin pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, cocoa powder, flaxseed meal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add mashed banana, shredded zucchini, oil, sweetener, and mix together. I use ⅓ cup sweetener, but you can use a little more if you’d like them sweeter. Add just enough milk to make a moist but thick batter (should be thick, but able to slide off a spoon.) Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour muffin batter into paper liners filling ⅔ full. Sprinkle the tops with extra chocolate chips. Place pan onto the center rack of the preheated oven and bake for 18-22 minutes or until muffins tops are rounded and firm when gently pressed.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before removing from the pan. Makes 1 dozen.
more recipes >>