Everyone loves this Italian Sausage Pasta recipe! Not only is it easy, cheesy, and delicious, but it is a hit with the entire family and can be made mild or spicy depending on your preferences.
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 16 oz bow tie pasta
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 lb milk bulk italian sausage
- 1 1/2-2 cans Italian stewed tomatoes drained and chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (optional)
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Course :Main Course
Cuisine :American, Italian
Prep Time :5 minutes
Cook Time :15 minutes
Total Time :20 minutes
Calories :991 kcal
Cook pasta according to package directions.
In a separate pan, cook the sausage, garlic, onion, and pepper flakes over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain.
Stir in the tomatoes, cream, salt, basil and ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta; toss with sausage mixture.
Garnish with parmesan cheese.