Tim Tam Slam Cake created in the honour of the Tim Tam Slam. Coffee sponge cake filled and topped with Tim Tam spread. Decorated with more of those biscuits you love, Tim Tams!
- 3 eggs
- 170 grams (3/4 cup) golden caster sugar/raw caster sugar (superfine sugar)
- 170 grams (1 cup) plain flour, sifted
- 170 grams butter
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee (disolved in 1 tablespoon of boiling water)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder, sifted
- 1 quantity Tim Tam Spread (Tim Tam Butter)
- Extra Tim Tams to decorate
Calories: 455kcal |
Carbohydrates: 52g |
Protein: 6g | Fat: 25g |
Saturated Fat: 15g |
Cholesterol: 142mg |
Sodium: 236mg |
Potassium: 328mg |
Sugar: 28g |
Vitamin A: 825IU |
Calcium: 112mg |
- Pre-heat oven 160 Deg C (320 Deg F).
Grease 2 x 18cm (7 inch) round loose base sandwich tins and line with baking paper.
- Add sugar and butter to the bowl of a stand mixer, or place in a large bowl if using electric beaters. Whisk until mixture is pale and fluffy.
- Add egg with 1 tablespoon of flour. Whisk well an then repeat with the rest of the eggs.
- Once the eggs have been fully combined into the butter mixture fold through the rest of the flour and baking powder. Do not over mix, fold through until just combined.
- Add the dissolved instant coffee and gently fold through the mixture.
- Again do not over fold. If the cake has a little bit of a coffee swirl happening, it’s all good.
- Divide the cake batter between the two prepared sandwich tins. Smooth the tops of the batter gently.
- Place tins in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Insert a skewer in the middle and if it comes out clean the cakes are cooked.
- Leave to cool in tins for five minutes and then turn out on wire racks to finish cooling.
- Once the coffee sponges have completely cooled fill and ice with Tim Tam spread. Decorate with extra Tim Tams.
- Best served immediately. Store covered with cling wrap in the fridge.