750g / 1.5lb chicken thighs OR chicken breast , skinless and boneless
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes , strips, drained of oil
2 tbsp oil from sun dried tomatoes jar
2 garlic cloves , minced
1/2 cup (125 ml) white wine (sub chicken broth)
3/4 cup (185 ml) chicken broth/stock , low sodium
3/4 cup (185 ml) thickened / heavy cream
1/3 cup (30g) parmesan, very finely shredded
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 cup basil leaves , packed (optional)
read this : 𝐙𝐮𝐜𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐢 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐄𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐝𝐚 𝐑𝐨𝐥𝐥-𝐔𝐩𝐬
1. Breast: Cut chicken in half horizontally to form 2 thin steaks.
2. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil from sun dried tomat jar in a large skillet over high heat.
3. Cook chicken until golden brown – 6 min total for thigh or 4 min for breast. Remove.
4. Add the garlic, cook 15 sec.
5. Add wine, simmer 1 min scraping pan.
6. Mix in mustard, add the chicken broth, cream, parmesan and sun dried tomatoes.
Bring to simmer, then reduce heat to medium and simmer for 2 to 3 min until thickened. Stir regularly to dissolve parmesan.
7. Taste sauce and add more salt and pepper if needed.
8. Stir through basil leaves, then return chicken into pan. Spoon sauce over and simmer 1 min. Serve immediately! Great served over mashed potato, Creamy Mashed Cauliflower or pasta. Or serve with bread on the side to mop up sauce! .